Ponoka SDA Church
**PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ANNOUNCEMENT TO RESUME WORSHIP SERVICES**
WORSHIP SERVICE - July 4, 2020
OR JOIN BY PHONE: (587) 328-1099 Meeting ID: 624 554 2467
- CRADLEROLL, teacher Lorelei W. 10am NO ZOOM
- JUNIOR, teacher Anca E. 9:30am, YES ZOOM
-PRIMARY, teach Leo & Gloria Ganson, 9:30am, YES ZOOM
- EARLITEEN, teacher Bruce G.10am, NO ZOOM
- YOUTH join EARLITEEN tomorrow 10am, NO ZOOM
- YOUNG ADULT, teacher Pekka M. 9:30am, YES ZOOM
- ADULT FOYER, teacher Leslie W. 10am, YES ZOOM
- ADULT SANCTUARY, teacher Shawna L. 9:30am YES ZOOM
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES CONNECTING TO A SABBATH SCHOOL CLASS, PLEASE CALL OR TEXT 403-357-6904 FOR ASSISTANCE
Church Service – 11:00AM - 12:00PM
NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING THE YOUTUBE LIVESTREAM, PLEASE TRY REFRESHING YOUR BROWSER AND THEN CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW.
Announcements, Call to Worship & Prayer – Pekka Määttänen
Offering – Local Church Budget
Children’s Story –
Special Music –
Scripture Reading - 2 Corinthians 9:10
Sermon – Luke Heimann “Lessons from a Broken Fence”
Benediction – Luke Heimann
Ponoka Church Response to COVID19 Situation – UPDATE – July 4, 2020
We are very thankful and excited that phase 2 of the Alberta COVID19 recovery plan has relaxed restrictions for places of worship. The Ponoka SDA Church will implement the following plan to resume worship services:
- Sabbath, July 4, 2020 – the Sabbath School classes will take place at the Ponoka SDA church and will also plan to host certain classes by Zoom as well from 9:30 – 10:45. The church service will take place at the Ponoka SDA church from 11:00 – 12:00.
- The schedule for July 4 used for subsequent weeks to come.
There are recommendations for in-person church attendance that are in the following website link:
Highlights from these guidelines that should be noted for the Ponoka SDA church are as follows:
- Potlucks will not resume at this time
- Wearing of masks will be encouraged, but not required. Masks will be made available.
- Congregational singing will be postponed or limited
- Offering collection will use an “offering chest” at the back of the church
- Physical contact outside of family members should not take place
- Congregants are reminded to NOT attend in person if they are experiencing cough, fever, runny nose or if they had close contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days
- Parents are reminded to have children younger than two be kept close
- Only with individual's consent we will collect the names of attendees, including staff and volunteers, to support public health contact tracing in the event that an attendee tests positive, and only for that purpose
- If there will be desire for fellowship after the service, congregants using their own lawn chairs can sit outside behind the church, maintaining the social distancing.
We will continue to offer the Zoom Sabbath School services each week and Livestream of the worship services for those who are not able to attend.
We understand that there will be different comfort levels with congregational worship at this time. Each one of you is invited to pray and seek God's guidance, and with the freedom with which He has given each one of us, make a personal decision about joining us in corporate worship at that Ponoka SDA Church.
Pastor David Beaudoin
Ponoka Seventh-day Adventist Church