Ponoka SDA Church
Week of "Revival and Renovation" - Sept 27 - Oct 3
We have an wonderful opportunity to come together as a church family in service for others and a time of worship and revival. This coming week we invite each person to join us:
3PM-5:30PM - service and outreach projects (listed in the schedule below)
6PM-6:45PM - light supper each evening at the church
7PM-7:45PM - singing, worship and prayer together
|Sunday, Sept 27||Roofing Project for a neighborhood family|
|Monday, Sept 28||Yardwork / winter prep for injured person|
|Tuesday, Sept 29||Ponoka Church winter preparation|
|Wed, Sept 30||Various light tasks at Woodlands School|
|Thursday, Oct 1||Wood splitting and stacking local person|
|Friday, Oct 2||Garden and yard work for local family|
For privacy reasons, the location of each project will be sent out on the prayer chain messaging service each day, or you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at (403) 357-6904.
Sabbath School - 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Note: The foyer Sabbath School class begins at 9:30 a.m., with fellowship and prayer from 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., and Lesson Study from 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m..
Church Service – 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING THE YOUTUBE LIVESTREAM, PLEASE TRY REFRESHING YOUR BROWSER AND THEN CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW.
Announcements, Call to Worship & Prayer – Pekka Maattanen
Offering – Burman University
Children’s Story – Pam or Merlin Hirschkorn
Special Music – Candace Sayler
Scripture Reading - John 4:31-35
Sermon – Luke Heimann “Eyes on the Fields”
Benediction – Luke Heimann
Ponoka Church Response to COVID19 Situation – UPDATE
We are very thankful and excited that phase 2 of the Alberta COVID19 recovery plan has relaxed restrictions for places of worship. The Ponoka SDA Church will implement the following plan to resume worship services:
- The Sabbath School classes will take place at the Ponoka SDA church and will also plan to host certain classes by Zoom as well from 9:30 – 10:45.
- The church service will take place at the Ponoka SDA church from 11:00 – 12:00.
There are recommendations for in-person church attendance that are in the following website link:
Highlights from these guidelines that should be noted for the Ponoka SDA church are as follows:
- Potlucks will not resume at this time
- Wearing of masks will be encouraged, but not required. Masks will be made available.
- Congregational singing will be postponed or limited
- Offering collection will use an “offering chest” at the back of the church
- Physical contact outside of family members should not take place
- Congregants are reminded to NOT attend in person if they are experiencing cough, fever, runny nose or if they had close contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days
- Parents are reminded to have children younger than two be kept close
- Only with individual's consent we will collect the names of attendees, including staff and volunteers, to support public health contact tracing in the event that an attendee tests positive, and only for that purpose
- If there will be desire for fellowship after the service, congregants using their own lawn chairs can sit outside behind the church, maintaining the social distancing.
We will continue to offer the Livestream of the worship services for those who are not able to attend.
We understand that there will be different comfort levels with congregational worship at this time. Each one of you is invited to pray and seek God's guidance, and with the freedom with which He has given each one of us, make a personal decision about joining us in corporate worship at that Ponoka SDA Church.
Pastor David Beaudoin
Ponoka Seventh-day Adventist Church